Today’s increasingly digitized world has a lot of opportunities for Procurement. That is not to say that digitization is a miracle cure for everything. On the contrary a digitization of a bad process, without redesign, leads to a bad performing digitized process. Better yet, after the redesign of the process the digitization might not be needed.
So the true value of digitization lies in performance increase due to:
- Gains in 1st time & right success rates
- New possibilities that aren’t possible without digitization
- Alignments that come from (real-time) insight
- Collaboration that is independent of location (and possibly time)
- Automation over of operational task
There are many systems out there, so this is a repository I keep of them. Please comment, share and add where possible.